In June I paid $290 to Orangeberry Book Tours to help promote my new book release. I was supposed to receive multiple things for this money, including 60 reviews for my book. I received only one review and none of the other promised items. UPDATE - After the complaint an additional review was posted and the Facebook graphics FINALLY have been made. However, no additional reviews were posted. I have documentation of every conversation and screen shots of the pages necessary. I've included the code check on the policy page stating it was updated December 10th. I've also included the entire BBB complaint here and the email stating I would receive a refund.

Interestingly enough, Orangeberry Book Tours updated their policy page. Although the updated page says it's from February 2014, a simple code check says the update was made in December of this year. That's mighty convenient. Multiple authors are in the same situation as I am. If you check the Orangeberry website, you can see that there has been virtually no movement on anyone else's tour.

I used the BBB as a mediator and, while I knew the likelihood of receiving a refund was low, (even though I was promised money back), the business is now listed on the site which is good for everyone. I encourage ALL authors who have had a poor experience with this company to start speaking up.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Orangeberry Book Tours?

Comments

#962072

UPDATE: As of today, March 22nd, 2015, I STILL have not received a refund.