In June I paid $290 to Orangeberry Book Tours to help promote my new book release. I was supposed to receive multiple things for this money, including 60 reviews for my book. I received only one review and none of the other promised items. UPDATE - After the complaint an additional review was posted and the Facebook graphics FINALLY have been made. However, no additional reviews were posted. I have documentation of every conversation and screen shots of the pages necessary. I've included the code check on the policy page stating it was updated December 10th. I've also included the entire BBB complaint here and the email stating I would receive a refund.
Interestingly enough, Orangeberry Book Tours updated their policy page. Although the updated page says it's from February 2014, a simple code check says the update was made in December of this year. That's mighty convenient. Multiple authors are in the same situation as I am. If you check the Orangeberry website, you can see that there has been virtually no movement on anyone else's tour.
I used the BBB as a mediator and, while I knew the likelihood of receiving a refund was low, (even though I was promised money back), the business is now listed on the site which is good for everyone. I encourage ALL authors who have had a poor experience with this company to start speaking up.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Book Release Promotion
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have already quoted close to 20 and have no work. Got one response, which never turned into a client. I have a Masters Degree, 25 years experience, and my..."
- "I have used this "expert" because on the profile says that this particular person specializes in remote viewing and ok it goes as follows: At first the "expert" seemed accurate..."
- "I was reading through the reviews during the process of ordering my second Craftmatic bed. Our first was a dual king in 1995. My husband and I loved..."
- " This is in League City Texas. Yes he does have a handicap plaque. But he has been asked not park there by his corporate office but he's a inconsiderate..."
- "I ordered this bikini, but it doesn't have an inner fabric, it is very clear, not a chance to wear it in public. A very cheap copy. They rejected my..."
- "Today I experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever received and by far the worst Best Buy I have ever been too. On Friday I went..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window...."